Dashboard in a Day February 25, 2023 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST Online
Event Name: Dashboard in a Day - TriBADD 2023
Theme: Dashboard in a Day using Power BI
In the current economic climate, you are being asked to enhance your business by leveraging data to make critical business decisions in an efficient, precise and effective manner. Power BI is a business analytics service that gives you a single view of your business data, with the ability to monitor the health of your business using live dashboards, create rich interactive reports and access your data on the go, from your mobile devices.
We are pleased to invite you to a workshop covering the capabilities of Power BI. The goal of this informational session is to help you understand how to analyze your data in a rich and compelling way. Whether you are evaluating its ability to meet organizational requirements around data visualization and analysis or are looking to learn how it can help you be more efficient and make a greater impact on the work you do every day, this is the workshop for you.
At the two ½ day sessions, attendees will better understand how to:
- Connect to, import, and transform data from a variety of sources
- Define business rules and KPIs
- Explore data with powerful visualization tools
- Build stunning reports
- Share dashboards with their team and business partners, and publish them to the web
Prerequisites and setup steps
The following prerequisites and setup must be done for successful completion of the lab:
• You must be connected to the internet.
• You must have Microsoft Office installed.
• You must be signed up for Power BI: Go to http://aka.ms/pbidiadtraining and sign up for Power BI with a business email address. If you cannot sign up for Power BI, let the instructor know. If you have an existing account, please use the same URL as above to log in.
• You must have, at minimum, a computer with 2-cores and 4GB RAM running Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, or later.
• You will need to have Microsoft Edge.
• You must verify if you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system so you can install 32-bit or 64-bit applications.
Mac users will need to have full administrative access to a virtual windows desktop to install Power BI. There are steps in the labs that require Power BI desktop because Power BI service does not yet support certain functionality that will be needed in this course.
Agenda (times are approximate and will be fluid with the class)
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM Introduction to Power BI and Power BI Demo
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Lab 1 Accessing & Preparing the data
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM Break
10:45 AM - 11:15 AM Lab 1 Solution + Questions
11:15 AM - 11:45 AM Lab 2 Data Modeling and Exploration
11:45 AM – 12:15 PM Lab 2 Solution + Questions
12:15 PM – 01:00 PM Break for Lunch
01:00 PM – 01:30 PM Lab 3 Visualizations
01:30 PM – 02:00 PM Lab 3 Solution + Questions
02:00 PM – 02:30 PM Lab 4 Publishing and accessing Reports (optional Power BI Service demo)
02:30 PM – 02:45 PM Break
02:45 PM – 03:15 PM Lab 4 Solution + Questions
03:15 PM – 03:45 PM Lab 5 Building a Dashboard and Sharing
03:45 PM – 04:15 PM Lab 5 Solution + Questions
04:15 PM – 05:00 PM Q&A
Brian Megilligan has been a business analyst for ten years and earned his CBAP in 2019. Recently, he has transitioned to data engineering, working as a Sr. Data Engineer at Insight Enterprises, while taking all that he has learned as a BA and applied it to his data practice. Brian came to the IT world after 15 years as a professional arranger, orchestrator, and performer for two large church music programs. You can catch Brian performing around Raleigh, NC from time to time on piano with his jazz trio.
Personal LinkedIn Handle: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianmegilligan/
$50.00 for everyone.
Registration closes Wednesday, February 22, 2023 @ 11:00 PM Eastern
Register: Click Here